For more than a century Black's Law Dictionary® has been the standard for the language of law. Today it's the most widely cited law book in the world. Edited by Bryan A. Garner, the 9th Edition is the most comprehensive law dictionary ever published. It contains more than 45,000 terms, alternate spellings or equivalent expressions for more than 5,300 terms, and West key numbers.
Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is the legal dictionary for how you work today. Hyperlinked cross-references make finding related terms quick and easy. Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch even offers audio pronunciations for thousands of hard-to-say legal terms. New features in the 9th edition app include ability to bookmark terms for quick reference and a featured Word of the Day.
• 45,000 terms - includes 2,000 more terms than the 8th Edition and 19,000 more terms than the 7th Edition
• Nearly 3,000 quotations drawn from sources over five centuries
• Alternative spellings or equivalent terms and expressions for more than 5,300 terms
• Bookmark terms for quick reference later**
• “Word of the Day”**
• Internal hyper-linking between words referenced within definitions
• Spelling and audio pronunciations for over 7,000 terms
• Off-line complete - no internet connection required for audio pronunciations
• Citations to the legal encyclopedia Corpus Juris Secundum and to the West Key Number System®.
• Real-time and progressive look up search feature
• Westlaw materials referenced in definition accessible within Westlaw.com* via hyperlinks (will pull up in Mobile Safari browser)
• Includes West key numbers
• Includes definitions of more than 1,000 law-related abbreviations and acronyms
• Includes the date when selected terms were first used in English-language contexts, especially in judicial opinions
• Offers heightened accuracy—more than 200 lawyers around the country reviewed terms
• Provides definitions of more than 1,000 law-related abbreviations and acronyms
* Westlaw.com links require paid subscription access to Westlaw.com service
* Please note that while Black's is used worldwide, the legal terms are primarily those in use within the US legal system
** New feature in the Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition App.
הורידו עכשיו את Black's Law Dictionary, 9th Edition, אפליקציה שפותחה במיוחד עבור אייפון ואייפד ע"י West, a Thomson Reuters business. נשמח לשמוע מכם תגובות, שתפו אותנו בחווית השימוש, שאלות או טיפים שימושיים על Black's Law Dictionary, 9th Edition.
צריכים עזרה? נשמח לעזור לכם להשתמש באפליקציית Black's Law Dictionary, 9th Edition באמצעות מדריכי וידאו, עזרה, טריקים ועוד.
2014-09-26 (U.S. App Store)
You pay enough money for the app. You have it on your phone and on the iPad, so why can’t I get it on my Mac? Its such a great app. Totally worth it rather than having a bulky dictionary. The app ju
2014-08-04 (U.S. App Store)
Great App but needs to be updated to the 10th edition.
2014-07-01 (U.S. App Store)
First off, this is an incredible app. I don’t have to haul out the 9th edition and risk losing a toe if I drop it on my foot. However, I have borrowed a 10th edition and found some additions to term
2014-03-02 (U.S. App Store)
I'm not going to deduct stars--this app is a fantastic investment--but why did you replace a perfectly good icon with this generic abomination? It's a scourge upon my dock. The smug satisfaction I onc
2014-01-03 (U.S. App Store)
Please note that this application is available for iOS 7.I was skeptical when I first purchased this app. Now, however, as a 2L law student, I use this app almost daily on my iPhone. The audio pronunc
2013-03-18 (U.S. App Store)
I would die without this app. I don't know how many times a professor will ask for the definition of a legal term and I had the answer ready in a flash! I use it as much as my text app.
2013-03-08 (U.S. App Store)
I love this app. I am a totally blind college student studying to be an attorney. I use this app all of the time. The only thing that needs to be improved as he indexing feature so it will be compatib