Tearing your hair out over idioms?
Feel like you're always in the dark?
Don't worry - you can't go wrong with the Longman Idioms Dictionary, an up-to-the-minute dictionary that will help you stay ahead of the game.
For intermediate-advanced learners of English
● More than 6000 idioms from spoken and written English, like ‘go postal’, ‘it's all gone pear-shaped’, and ‘be on the same page’
● Wide coverage of both American and British English
● Clear, accurate definitions, written using the Longman 2000-word Defining Vocabulary
● Add idioms to your bookmarks and build your own flashcard sets
● Thousands of examples
● Progressive look up to help you quickly find the idiom you need
● Automatic history
● No internet connection is necessary
● Hyperlinked cross-references to the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (sold separately)
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
הורידו עכשיו את Longman Idioms Dictionary, אפליקציה לימוד שפותחה במיוחד עבור אייפון ואייפד ע"י Pearson Education. נשמח לשמוע מכם תגובות, שתפו אותנו בחווית השימוש, שאלות או טיפים שימושיים על Longman Idioms Dictionary.
צריכים עזרה? נשמח לעזור לכם להשתמש באפליקציית Longman Idioms Dictionary באמצעות מדריכי וידאו, עזרה, טריקים ועוד.
For a 13.99 price tag, you get what you paid for plus there is a lot more. Longman Idioms Dictionary by Pearson Education Limited is one of the most used applications in my iPhone. I recommend this idioms-in-your-pocket to everyone - for the learners of the English language, for
great great dictionary! simple and easy to use but complete!:) i love it! you can save your favorites and history plus it is very easy to search. what i love most about this app? it has a quiz function! it shows random definitions and you have to pick which idiom it is referring
2016-05-03 (U.S. App Store)
Please update it...
2015-12-02 (U.S. App Store)
Please, add iOS 9 support as soon as possible!
2014-12-15 (U.S. App Store)
hands down this is the best idiom dictionary available Thank you Second "thank you" for your frequent updates.
2014-03-31 (U.S. App Store)
This is good but i think you should update database because some idioms has been missed for example: bright and early and some other idioms.Update:Please add pronunciation Thank you
2014-01-05 (U.S. App Store)
This is good but i think you should update database because some idioms has been missed for example: bright and early and some other idioms.Thank you